Advent calendar day one 2016


I'm back (although that is hardly a surprise if you are reading this) and it is to this blog that I have returned to restart my yearly ritual of showing you advent calendars.
It has been almost a year since I posted with regularity and hopefully these posts will be better timed than last year.

But, enough of that.
Here are my first items from this years advent calendars. 
Welcome to December 2016 and my day one items.


The first advent calendar today is tinc and the item was a luggage tag. It is really cute (as I expect from tinc) and I will probably use it on bean's luggage when we go on holiday this year.
Although this is a useful item it is not something that I was desperate for.


The next advent calendar item tonight is from busy bee candles and is a melt in the scent 'elf crazy'. To me this has a scent of mint and it is reminiscient to candy cane lane and candy cane forest from Yankee Candle to me. This is very sweet and would be a great scent for me all year round.


Onto the next advent calendar and this one is from Asos and is the first of my two beauty advent calendars this year.


Today the item is the New Leaf Deep Pore Exfoliating Polish by Amie (25ml).
This is a deep cleansing treatment which contains rice granules to exfoliate the skin and work deep down into the pores to give the skin a clearer complexion and remove impurities, dirt and oil from the skin.
It also contains mango and orange blossom extracts to help tone and refresh oily and combination skin according to the amie website.
This item is worth approximately £1.50 for the size received.

I have to admit this isn't the type of item I use generally but I like that it doesn't use microbeads made from plastics after reading that they are polluting the planets and killing wildlife so if I was after an exfoliator I would definitely prefer one like this.

From the description and the packaging I'd think this was a 'natural product' but this has the first four ingredients as Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter and Cet alcohol. Since I don't understand most of these ingredients I do find the packaging a little disingenius but happy to try this but worried the cet alcohol may dry out my skin.


My second beauty advent calendar this year is from youbeauty discovery and it is the one advent calendar that I have returned to every year. It has always been good value and is a really beautiful advent calendar again this year and will give me a great variety of products to try again this year.
the first dor this year is very large though and it gives me high hopes that it will have a good start this year.



Inside the door is a small drawstring bag made from a velvety material which looked really fancy.
Inside the bag doesn't disappoint either as there was a 30ml tube of Aurelia Probiotic skincare miracle cleanser inside as well as a bamboo muslin cleansing cloth and a £10 off coupon.
According to the packaging this is a cream cleanser that you use on dry skin that will cleanse the skin to remove make up and impurities. 
It also says that has chamomile, eucalyptus, rosemary and bergamot and has 'BioOrganic Ingredients'.

Looking at the ingredient list though the main ingredients are Water, Dicaprylyl carbonate, Cet. alcohol and Glycerin as the first four ingredients. 
The ingredients promoted on the front are quite low on the list and although I will probably try this I worry that it may dry out my skin as cet alcohol normally does.
But happy to try this out and see what it is like.



The final advent calendar today is by smiggle and today's item is a yo yo. I will probably give this to my son and I like that it is a nice colourful yoyo and for me this is a lot more fun than the luggage tag and is the reason that I like it more.
It will be lots of fun for bean.



Here are my items today (excluding the elf crazy wax melt) and all in all it has been a very good day 1 for my advent calendars.
I like both the beauty items but they are both cleansers, although different types, and both are heavy on cet alcohol but I will try them. 
The lack of plastic microbeads in the exfoliator pleases me.

The two stationary ones also please me but for those the yoyo wins and even the busy bees candles makes me happy as I like candy cane lane and although I am unable to use that as it gives me a migraine this might be a good alternative.

So, here are my prefences for today:
1. Aurelia cream cleanser
2. Smiggle yoyo
3. Amie exfoliator
4. Busy bee candle 'elf crazy' melt
5. Tinc luggage tag

There is day one.
See you tomorrow.
x-J-x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love ME Beauty September (Beauteco) 2013 box menu One

Memebox giveaway

Lovelula may 2014