Memebox superbox #70 thumbs up bloggers picks (the thumbs down psychic bloggers box)

It has taken me a very long time to review this box mainly because it has taken me a long time to simmer down since I received this thumbs up bloggers box.
In September some bloggers, myself included, received a survey from Memebox asking about our favourite products.
This box was supposed to constructed from that and we all looked forward to it but when we received this we received what seems like a 'ignore the bloggers, put in leftovers box'.
The main thing that points to that is that some of these products were only in the memeboxes after the survey was filled in and sent back. Not really a smart move on memeboxes part.
So, I bring to you the 'thumbs down psychic bloggers memebox'.


Secret Key Color Recipe The Pink Cream 55g
This is a moisturising cream and it was featured in the Pinkaholic box which is one of the reasons why this box ended up as a punchline to a joke.
This cream was never in a box until after the survey was returned so unless physic no one voted for it.
But back to the product.


This is a gel type day moisturiser which is in a pink shade and I have to admit that I am quite happy to receive this product as the sleeping mask which we received in the cooling box which was secret key was great. It will be nice to see if the moisturiser in the same gel consistency will work as well.


23 Years Old Air-laynic Pore Mask ($14)
This is a pore mask which has a separate syringe with a gel type ampoule. To use this you spread the liquid over the mask and then apply it over the nose and cheeks.
It is aimed at enlarged pores and blemishes and was featured in luckybox 7.
I know some people may like this but equally I have heard it horror stories of this feeling like it was burning on your skin so I will pass on this product as my skin does occasionally react to things and I have not got any wish to try this in case it happens to me.

I might be a chicken but I am not willing to take the chance. 
There have been a lot better masks than this too so I am surprised if loads  of people chose this anyhow. I would much prefer a traditional sheet mask to be honest.


LadyKin Aqua Exfoliator For Body 150ml ($14)
According to the card this product is a body exfoliator which is enriched with papaya and pineapple extracts and will remove skin impurities as well as dead skin without having to scrub.
Sounds nice especially when it makes out that it is as simple as spraying it on after a shower and then gently massaging the dead skin and product off.
Sounds great. This is the from the first OMG box.
   
But this is where the wheels really fall off the concept.
All I have heard about this product is that the nozzle breaks in transit (Memebox's fault for not packaging it correctly) and that this product does nothing to the skin and just sits there offering no exfoliation at all. Really not impressed and now got two of these and no wish to use them.
Not a good product and I very much doubt people voted for it.


HAIR+ Velvet Nutri-Injection 12ml ($5)
According to the card this is a hair treatment to use after washing your hair and worked like a leave in conditioner, especially helping the damaged ends.

I don't know what the people who selected the products this box were smoking when they thought we chose this but this was definitely not the bloggers pick as I have heard nothing about this product and have only just received it in a global box.
It was in the obscure jackpot boxes meaning that very few people have received this as there was only a few boxes, 1000 I think. A cheaper filler and a really insult as there was no way this was our choice.

In my eyes and lots of other people's eyes this should have been the Palan hair essence or the Cherry Blossom Hair treatment from Hair and Body.
A real slap in the face from Memebox to their own bloggers.


Croquis Dual Concealer 8.1g ($27)
This is from the girls night out box and is a dual ended anti wrinkle concealer/spot concealer.
When I think of memebox face makeup I think of BB or CC creams and I definitely would not think of a dual ended concealer which has colours which are quite different so there is the little chance that one person can use both sides.
A real filler item and I don't believe anyone chose this.
Swatches below.

Purebess Galactomyces 100% 50ml ($15)
This is a toner to lock in moisture as well as remove residues from the skin. It is made from Galactomyces which is from the fungi family and can be used as a moisturising agent. This was in the whole grain box.
This was the spoiler item and it is a toner in a small size. 
This probably was a bloggers choice and was used as a spoiler to make people buy the remaining boxes when some were left over. I have to admit I have this from an earlier box so it doesn't really excite me as I love my Yves Rocher toner and not too impressed by Korean toners in general.


N.S.M Reborn Tint Exciting Snow Cooling Tint ($18)
This was from the first make up edition box and is a tint which is supposed to maintain a film over the lips to hold in moisture and it is also supposed to cool and soothe the lip.
This is a bit of a meh product to me. Sure it stained my lips but it really is nothing special and I would much prefer the Tony Moly tint or a good lipstick. Plus this is the second of this variety I have and I haven't even used the first.
Swatch is below.


Evas Cosmetics Vitamin Cleansing Dessert ($18)
This is from the My Cute wishlist 2 box and is another item which wasn't really known in the memeboxes prior to the survey and it is really thick cleanser which feels like it has a texture mid way between solid soap and a cream cleanser. 
I have tried this product and to be honest I know that it is loved by lots of people but it isn't one of my favourites but is okay. Nothing special.


These are the swatches of the lip tint and the concealers and as you can see one end of the concealer is an ideal match whereas the other end would never match me even with a tan. 
The lip tint is a nice tone but nothing special.

So, there is the thumbs up bloggers box, which to me is really a dump the junk box. The only thing which I am really excited about  is the pink gel cream and the rest is either meh or I will definitely not use.
What a waste of money and a slap in the face to the bloggers surveyed.
Not amused at all.

x-J-x

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love ME Beauty September (Beauteco) 2013 box menu One

Memebox giveaway

Lovelula may 2014