Fragrance direct sale (non fragrance haul)


I bought some nail varnishes from the fragrance direct website sale a few days after Christmas and they arrived today.I managed to get 9 nail varnishes and a color tattoo for under twenty pounds and I am quite happy about that.


Here is my fragrance direct booty. I managed to get a lot of darker colours as this was were in the colour palette I was missing colours.
Spot the Essie!!! Looks a bit out of place among the others tbh but I had never owned an Essie, although I will soon have a second from my youbeauty box any day now and that one is a repstyle one.

I swatched all of them on a piece of paper to give basic colour information so I can only give you details of longevity for the ones I have used before.


The first item is the Sally Hansen complete Salon Manicure in Haute Chocolate.
This has a wide, densely packed paddle brush and the colour is a rich milk chocolate and great for autumn/winter nails. This cost me £1.49 in their sale.


The second item is the Rimmel London Salon Pro Lycra Kate in Rhythm & Blues.
I have recently reviewed a pro lycra nail varnish by this company here for my top ten and IO love love this product. It ensure me chip free nails for over a week and the purple colour was great when the weather was warmer, through early autumn.
I have heard a lot of good things on youtube about the Kate products by Rimmel and I love darker nails at the moments so I jumped at this navy blue coloured nail varnish in that range that was in this sale.
This cost me £1.50 in the fragrance direct sale.


The third item is Essie in 'pink about it'.
This is a pale baby pink with a small amount of pink glitter within it. It has a more watery consistency than others I have tried but it might make it easier to use thinner coats to build up the colour. The applicator is less densely packed than the Sally Hansen or Rimmel brushes.
This will make an amazing summer shade for me.
This cost me £2.50 in their sale.


The fourth item is the Maybelline Color Show nail lacquer in Fuchsia Fever.
This is dark neon purple and would make a great summer colour, although over my O.P.I, or a similarly dark colour, it would make a great dark purple, even with one coat.
This is a thinner lacquer with a thinner brush but it seems to go on evenly when I sample it on my nails and you can't really see brush strokes, which is a real bonus.
This cost me £0.60.


The fifth item is Sally Hansen Maximum Growth plus. This is a clear base and top coat. Hopefully this will help strengthen my nails too.
This cost me £0.99 and was a complete bargain as I've seen it in shops for a lot more.


The sixth item is the NYC Expert Last Nail Polish in Midtown Mink.
This is a very dark brown and is another winter shade for me. This is probably one of the darkest colours I own and would be great for days I want to bring attention to my nails.
This has a thick consistency and a thicker applicator and glides on smoothly onto my nails.
This cost me £0.50.


The seventh item is the Maybelline Color Show in Shock Wave.
This is a mid turquoise blue colour with a thick consistency and an even and glossy finish as it is highly pigmented.A very beautiful colour and a bargain at the price I paid.
This cost me £0.60.


The eighth item is O.P.I in Vampsterdam.
As soon as my order came I tried this one as I love my O.P.I topcoat and to be honest I am disappointed. It hasn't gone on evenly and although it is a delicious colour, dark purple with brown shades, a few nails are already chipped after one night. Not sure if I would be excited to try these again and would definitely not at full price.
Not sure if I got a bad one but that is my view on this polish.
This cost me £3.99.


The ninth item is the Rimmel Salon Pro in Summer Orange. 
This is a vivid Orange Red and would be a great summer shade.I really look forward to trying this as I love the Salon Pro range for it's staying power and great colours.
This cost be £1.50.


The tenth and final item is the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr in Turquoise Forever.
Some people received this product, in other colours, instead of the mascara in this box and although I love the mascara I wanted to try these out too as I have never owned a cream eyeshadow and was curious.
this cost me £1.50.


This is a swatch of it. They are highly pigmented and contains some glitter and has a rich and velvety texture. You can build up the colour or leave it lighter and it really stays well as it didn't wipe from my hand when I swatched it and I had to use my cleanser to remove.

These were all ordered from here in their sale after reading about it on a money saving website. To be honest  really wanted to own an O.P.I colour and at £3.99 that was the cheapest I had seen it.
Also, I wanted to try Essie, the Color Tattoos (as some got these in the Glossybox December box, but I didn't) and try Maximum Growth, as I had seen it in Asda and I was happy I managed to get these at bargain price too.

I really liked this site and they were fast and cheap with delivery and the items were inexpensive and I would definitely use them again.

I have a feeling that after having hardly any nails last year that 2014 will be the year of the nail for me.

x-J-x

*prices are as of the 28th December 2013, when I ordered them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love ME Beauty September (Beauteco) 2013 box menu One

Memebox giveaway

Lovelula may 2014